Do I have to do ELISE?
Yes, if you are a commencing undergraduate student at UNSW.
Some second or third year students transferring from another institutions, i.e. first year at UNSW, are also required to complete the ELISE quiz.
How do I access the ELISE quiz?
Access the ELISE quiz via your Moodle account using your User ID and Password.
How does the ELISE quiz work?
1. You will take a short pre-test to personalise your learning experience.
- If you score 100% in the pre-test, you will go straight to the ELISE quiz
- If you score less than 100%, you will go through customised learning modules.
2. In these interactive learning modules you will develop your knowledge and prepare for the ELISE quiz.
3. Finally, you will take the ELISE quiz. You must score at least 80% (16/20) to pass. You will be prompted to take quiz questions until you achieve a pass mark.
4. Complete the Feedback in Moodle.
The quiz should take between 30 and 90 minutes to complete.
It is not necessary to complete the learning modules and quiz questions all in one go. Our online system will remember where you are up to when you log in again.
When does the quiz have to be completed?
You must complete the quiz by the end of the 5th week of your first semester of enrolment.
What will happen if I don't pass the quiz?
Failure to pass the quiz by Week 5 will block you from enrolling in the next semester.
I think ELISE might be useful in the future for my studies. Can I access it again?
Yes. You can access ELISE anytime from the UNSW Library home page
I've found broken links in ELISE. What should I do?
Report any broken links via the online enquiry form http://unsw.custhelp.com/app/ask/
What devices can I use?
You can use all mobile devices (laptops, tablets etc.) except mobile phones. The ELISE quiz will not function on a phone. You may get stuck and will have to start again.
What are the recommended browsers?
The minimum browser requirements are Chrome 46, Firefox 42, Internet Explorer 10 and Safari 8. Default browsers including Microsoft Edge and Android are not supported.
My pages won't load.
Ensure that Adblock and other pop-up blockers are disabled.
My screen has frozen. What should I do?
If your browser window freezes, close and return to Moodle. Click the hyperlink and you will be taken back to where you left off.
If you continue to have problems try taking the quiz again next time you are on campus using one of our computers or connect to the UNSW Wireless Network UniWide.
I use a screen reader. Is the interactive version of ELISE compatible with screen readers?
Not yet. If you are using a screen reader please contact Academic Services staff in the Library at email@example.com or 9385 3708 to receive instructions or arrange a personalised session with a Librarian.
The current version of ELISE is in its pilot stage and is not compatible with screen readers. Accessibility functionality is currently being developed. If you would like to help test contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I can't find ELISE on my Moodle course list
For assistance contact the IT Service Centre
Phone: (02) 9385 1333
How do I know if I passed the quiz?
A congratulatory message will appear on your screen in Smart Sparrow once you pass the quiz. The pass grade will then be transferred to Moodle. This can take 24-48 hours. Once the transfer is complete, ELISE will disappear from your Moodle course list.
How can I access my grade in Moodle?
1. On the course home page in the Settings block, under Course administration, click Grades. The User report for the course will display your grade.
2. To view your grades for all your courses, in the Settings block, under Grade administration, click Overview report.