ROS is UNSW's system for capturing and reporting research publications and outputs. This has replaced the Research Publications (ResPubs) system and includes all data previously entered into ResPubs.
ROS is designed to help reduce the time and effort spent on managing publication and research outputs across the University and offers a number of functionalities to support researchers at UNSW:
- Streamlined, and in many cases automated, publications data entry
- Impact measurements, including H-indexes, citation counts and Altmetrics
- Easy export options that may assist in the creation of publication lists for CVs, grants and promotion applications
- Collecting and collating data for HERDC and other research assessment exercises
- Uploading accurate publication information to the UNSW Research Gateway ;
Getting started with ROS
- Log in to ROS at https://ros.unsw.edu.au/ using your z-number and z-pass
- Review your home screen and use the ROS Online Help or ROS Quick Start Guide to familiarise yourself with the modules
- Check any pending publications to claim or reject them
- If you have not enough or too many pending items, contact your Faculty Outreach Librarian for assistance with adjusting your search settings
- Where needed, add your other publications into the system manually
Contact your Faculty Outreach Librarian for training or assistance.