UNSW has an open access policy that requires all staff and HDR students who are engaged in research to make their research publications openly available and to deposit an appropriate version in UNSW's institutional repository, UNSWorks, within twelve months of publication.
Key points of UNSW's Open Access Policy:
- offers a choice of how open access is implemented:
- green - deposit an appropriate version (e.g. post-print) of your work in UNSWorks
- gold - publish in a fully open access journal, then also deposit to UNSWorks
- applies to research outputs published after 1 June 2017. Depositing works published prior to this date is encouraged, but not mandated
- mandates deposit of peer-reviewed journal articles, peer-reviewed conference papers, and electronic theses. Deposit of all other publication types are encouraged
- requires deposit to UNSWorks within twelve months of the date of publication
See the UNSW Open Access Policy and Open Access and UNSWorks Guidelines for further details.