Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Globally, transformative agreements are being piloted as a way for the research community, academic libraries and scholarly publishers to work together to find a financially viable path to transition to an open access publishing model. UNSW Library is actively seeking inroads to convert Read Only (paywalled subscriptions) agreements to transformative agreements, thereby furthering aligning to the University Open Access Policy and Plan S, while increasing the reach and impact of research.
Deals UNSW Library have undertaken:
- CSIRO Publishing
- The agreement offers UNSW corresponding authors open access publishing, in all CSIRO Publishing owned journals, at no charge to them. This enables their work to be read worldwide without restriction or need for subscription authentication. UNSW authors will retain copyright, and their work will be made available under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (CC-BY) allowing readers to reuse content.
UNSW staff and students will have continued access to read all full text articles published by CSIRO Publishing. This transformative agreement is underpinned by funds through UNSW Library.
The agreement is effective 30 July 2020 (backdated to 1 January) to December 2022 and covers all CSIRO Publishing owned journals.
- Animal Production Science
- Australian Journal of Botany
- Australian Journal of Chemistry
- Australian Journal of Zoology
- Australian Systematic Botany
- Crop and Pasture Science
- Environmental Chemistry
- Functional Plant Biology
- Invertebrate Systematics
- Marine and Freshwater Research
- Pacific Conservation Biology
- Reproduction, Fertility and Development
- Sexual Health
- Soil Research
- Wildlife Research
Subscribe to Open
UNSW Library supports various models of open access including Subscribe to Open. Articles published in the open access journals are open access with no article processing charges required. This model requires the Library to continue subscribing to other journals from a publisher in order to support the costs of the open access journals.
The following journals are open access in 2021:
- Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena
- ESAIM: Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations
- ESAIM: Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis
- ESAIM: Probability and Statistics
- RAIRO - Operations Research
- RAIRO - Theoretical Informatics and Applications
- Annual Review of Environment and Resources
- Annual Review of Political Science
- Annual Review of Public Health